Though we are centred around “Travel Scams”, our core motive is to eliminate the travel scams from the travel industry. We have decided to get our hands dirty to clean up this mess of travel scams. At the same time, our startup does not motivate people to rant out allegations on other businesses and defaming someone. We are working towards a constructive solution to eliminate travel scams. You can help us in this cause by writing incident reports on bad travel experiences.
The reports may cover the details like how you got into the incident? what were the precautions you could have taken to avoid the bad experiences? Write the report as an introspection or an overview of how and why things went wrong. Your insights, lessons and details will help you as well as others in avoiding such bad travel experiences in future. In the long run, this information will lead to decline in unethical practises in travel industry and bring about honesty and transparency. Here are some guidelines for writing incident reports:-
1. Personal Experience : The community likes to read your experience. You should write reports based on substantial experiences you’ve had and make an effort to include details in your reports to make your advise helpful to the readers. You should try to narrate your story without broad generalisations, conclusory allegations, rumours, second-hand information or quotations from other sources.
2. Relevant : Your incident reports should be relevant to travellers. Your reports should not voice your personal opinions about politics, ethics, religion or wider social issues. You should submit the report in the correct category. Your report must be for a city, attraction or category listed in our website. Please don't ask any questions to other Tripscam users or any third party through incident reports. Incident reports are written to provide advise to fellow travellers, not to advertise a service or business. Please don’t include commercial or promotional content of any kind. We reserve the right to reject specific content for any reason. We do not allow incident reports that contain links to external websites.
3. Recent : You should try to submit the incident report within a year from the occurrence. This would make your advise more helpful for the reader.
4. Respect Privacy : We want you to tell us all about your experience but please keep personal or exclusive information to yourself. You should not publicise other people’s private information. We allow names to be published to our site and we may remove last names upon request. Please refrain from posting other people’s full names unless you’re referring to service providers who are commonly identified by or commonly share their own full names. Any reports containing your or anybody else’s personal financial information, including credit card numbers, loyalty rewards numbers or other financial information will be removed.
5. Family Friendly : You may use colorful language and imagery, but refrain from using profanity or vulgarities in your reports. There is no need of foul/abusive/hateful language, threats, and lewdness in your report. Your report should not contain derogatory comments on someone's protected characteristics (e.g. race, gender, religion) or indication of a personal vendetta against a business and its associates. We also reject reports that contain sexually explicit comments, hate speech, prejudiced language, threats or personal insults. Any incident report that describes users participation in illegal activities will also be removed.
6. Don’t Copy : We take plagiarism seriously. We expect you to play fair and create your own content. Any report containing material from other websites, users, emails or printed materials will be removed.
7. Accuracy : You should ensure your report is factually correct. Feel free to air your opinions, but don't exaggerate or misrepresent your experience. We are a neutral platform and do not favour anyone in case of any factual dispute, so make sure you can stand by your word.
8. Easy to read : A good recommendation is a readable one. Use complete sentences and write clearly. Go easy on capitalization and resist the urge to write entire novels. To make sure we collectively work towards building the highest-quality content that's useful to everyone, incident report need to be a minimum of 100 characters long.
9. Be constructive : We understand your anger and frustration due to the bad experience and therefore you should try to write a constructive incident report to save others from having similar negative experience. By reporting the detailed incident, you have reduced the potential frauds and therefore cut the unethical profits of the wrongdoer.
10. No false information : Do not post false information as this may have legal consequences. Incident reports are most helpful when they provide unbiased advice. Incident reports submitted in an attempt to blackmail someone will not be published/ will be removed after publishing.
Account :- Tripscam accounts are intended for your personal use, to contribute content that you have created yourself. Since the best travel advice comes from the people you trust, you will get the most out of your Tripscam experience by providing accurate information about yourself. Use of Tripscam accounts for any other purpose may be considered an infringement of our terms and conditions.
Reading Incident reports and Expert Advise :- The incident reports and Expert advise have been aggregated from content submitted by the users of the website. Though best efforts for moderation and screening of content have been implemented by us to provide credible information, we do not guarantee the credibility of the information in the incident reports as well as expert advise. Please use your common sense while reading incident reports and expert advise on this website.
Giving helpful votes :- Travellers are encouraged to vote for an incident report that they find particularly helpful to them. Users may do so by clicking the icon at the bottom of each report. Count of helpful votes are displayed on each report and in user profiles. We may remove fraudulent helpful votes for a particular report on account of self-promotion, paid-promotion by owners.
Flagging Abuse :- In case any malicious incident report passes the moderation and is published on the website, the users of the Web Services can flag the report as questionable and we will further looks into it. If you see something that may be in violation of these guidelines or our Terms of Service, please flag it by clicking on the "Flag this" button next to the relevant content.